Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Washcloths

I love washcloths made from kitchen cotton.

Like my potholders, I always add a crochet loop for hanging purposes. It's one of those, "I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it," type of things.

I make them in a standard stockinette stitch. This way, one side is flat and smooth for sensitive things, like washing your face or glass, and the other is rougher for scrubbing pots or feet. They are all edged with crochet for smoothness and a finished look.

Like all my kitchen stuff, they are easily washed, both in a washing machine or your dish washer. No special care needed.

I currently have three different sets available here . I can match most kitchen and bath color decor. Except black. I have a heck of a time finding this yarn in black.

More kitchen items, including some very pretty towels, coming as soon.

Final note today - I am a klutz sometimes. I managed to slice open the top of my right thumb on the inside of a cheese grater the other day - right on the part of the thumb that I use to guide my needles/hook. So I am behind on my item creation right now.

No comments: