Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Silver Dragon

If you have been following my blog for a while, you know I do more than knit and crochet. I also quilt, sew, draw and paint.

Yesterday, I got my paints out for the first time in months. I wanted to do something a bit different. My SO & I's 2 year anniversary is coming up in 10 days.

One of the video games we play together is Ultimate Alliance, which features many of Marvel's superheroes. The artwork on the load screen is fantastic! My SO really loves this one:

He also loves dragons.

My mind was playing around with those two thoughts, and I sat down to start painting.

Now, while I have sketched some "mythical" creatures, dragons are not one of them. This was my first time trying, and here is the final result.


The only thing that bugs me is that the background wash colors were not quite what I was going for. I was looking for more of a true red instead of the red-purple that I ended up with. I think part of the issue is that the black I had on hand was too close to dark blue. But I'm still happy with the result.

Not my usual work, but I am satisfied, none-the-less.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments: