Saturday, April 28, 2012

Blue Scraps

The Rainbow Afghan put a dent in my scrap yarn pile, but then I found a plastic tub with even more odds and ends of yarn! (We had been using the tub as a nightstand. lol)

As I sorted through the yarn, I noticed I had a lot, and I mean A LOT, of blue yarn. Which kinda made sense since I have made many things for my mother over the years, and her favorite color is blue.

What else could I do except make a scrap afghan out of blue yarn?

In this case, I used the standard method of knitting up squares, then using a crochet hook, working them together while creating a unique pattern for between the squares.



This is definitely a one-of-a-kind afghan, as I never wrote down how I made it, or how I did the crochet design.

Not to mention I would never be able to duplicate the colors and placement exactly.

I loved how it turned out. The mixture of the different blues keeps it from being both too light and too dark. While the crochet looks light and airy, it is very heavy and very warm.

Sales info for the Blues Afghan HERE.

Up next - Pocket Scarves

2 comments:

Catatmyfeet said...

Reminds me of the Tardis LOL... gah... I have Dr. Who on the brain...

Jeanene said...

lol Cat. I actually have a TARDIS Afghan designed.