Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Gift giving

Some people are hard to buy for. My mother is one of those. She has enough money that if she sees something she wants, she buys it. The second part of the problem is, she does not like anything that she does not already own. Clothing is especially tough, as she can never find something that fits the way she wants.

Yesterday was her 69th birthday. The one thing that she loves in jewelry - especially earrigns. However, her ears are not pierced, so it is difficult to finds earrings that she both likes and are clips.

So, I was working with JsJewelry (http://www.JsJewelry.etsy.com) and Celticknot (http://www.CelticKnot.etsy.com ) to change earrings from pierced to clip. Both of them told me it was not an issue.

While this was going on, we had an event where we were all in uniform. Mom, Dad and I are all officers for The American Legion, and Mom commented that she did not have any earrings that matched the red, white and blue colors. She needed Patriotic Earrings!

I went back to JsJewelry and Celticknot, and explained what had occurred. Together we made some changes to the base earrings I had chosen, so that the colors fit what she wanted. They had no problems making the changes, and got them shipped right out at a great price. Not even an extra charge for the changes, or the short time frame we were working on.

Last night we had meetings, so we celebrated her birthday at the Legion Post. My mother LOVED both pairs of earrings, and spent the evening showing them off to everyone. The only thing she did not like was the fact that her outfit was brown, and the earrings clashed with it, so she could not wear them immediately. Which was OK, as she then could not decide which pair to wear first anyways.

This is why I promote Etsy, why I sell on Etsy, and why I will give a shout out to certain Etsy sellers. JsJewelry and Celticknot are both wonderful people who went out of their way to help me find the perfect gift to give my picky mother.

Thank you so very much ladies. Consider yourselves hugged from my mother and myself.

For all of you readers who either like jewelry or know someone who does, check out their shops!

4 comments:

js said...

Thank you so much!

I am so glad that your mother had a wonderful birthday and that she loved the earrings. I enjoyed making them for her!

Tell her happy birthday from me!!

Jsjewelry

CelticKnot said...

Aww, thank you for your sweet words. I had a blast working with you to make the perfect pair of earrings for your Mom. I'm so glad she loves them!

CelticKnot

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

How nice! And somehow I feel like I now you all!

Cherry Lane Jane said...

how sweet of them to help out! I bet your mom looked great.