Sunday, June 3, 2012

The Rest of the Story

As I wrote yesterday, some FJL's assisted me in coming up with a birthday gift for my dad. I won't say what other ideas were brought up, as Father's Day is fast approaching. It was Poops that reminded me about the Penis Pack.

Like a Fanny Pack, a Penis Pack is a small pouch that it worn around the waist (or over the shoulder) to keep your small crap in that you cannot/don't want to put in your pockets. And it looks like a penis and ball sack.

For my dad, I made the sack part out of the leftover blue yarn from the lace sweater I made for mom. The flap and strap were done in tan. Dad chose to wear his around his neck.


(It was at this point that I realized that blue may not have been the best color to use. Or it was the perfect color to use. Guess it depends on your outlook.)

After snacks and cake, off we went, heading to our American Legion Post for the Saturday Night Draw. Dad put his cigarettes and lighter into his new bag and grabbed a jacket as it was starting to get chilly.


At the Post, we stepped out to smoke. Yes, dad knew exactly how this looked. He kept waving the "penis" at people, teasing them about how they were jealous of him - if they did that, they would be arrested - and basically just being silly with friends.

After the draw, dad wanted to show his friend Norm the shirt. It's Johnny Cash giving the finger. So we went to see Norm where he runs karaoke.

Overall, it was a pretty good night. I think dad mostly had fun. Dad and I talked about taking a trip to the coast this month, just the two of us.

Speaking of just the two of us, as I wrote the blog post yesterday, I realized I have no images in my computer of just dad and I. Our friend Gaylenn use my cell to take this pic. My cellphone camera is very difficult to use without blurring the picture, so it's not the clearest pic in the world, but I do not mind.


A final note - A big thank you to all the FJL's that helped me make my dad smile!

No comments: