Saturday, June 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Today is my dad's 77th birthday. I feel very blessed to have my parents still around.

This (blurry cell phone) picture was taken last March. My parents are in the front, us kids in the back.

Dad is an interesting character. He likes practical jokes and definitely has a warped sense of humor. When I was younger, people would think me slightly odd, until they met my dad. Then things made sense.

 I've had a lot of fun making my dad things over the years. And since he requests items from me, I guess he appreciates them. From the ski mask above, to the neon robe below, it's been an interesting time.
Like this pic from Father's Day 2011. I made him a couple of fish, fishing pole and fish hook. Not only was he playing with it at the table, he later started fishing behind the bar!

And he just likes to be weird. Here he is, goofing around with Liz, during my twin's birthday dinner last year.

 And again, showing off his Christmas gift from Liz.
But after all these years of making fun things for him, I ran out of ideas. So I turned to my FJL friends, and asked them for ideas. I got some great ideas, many of which are saved for later use. But Poops came up with the perfect item to made for my dad's birthday day.

But I'm not going to spoil the fun. I'll post pics and details AFTER the party tonight.

I love you, daddy. Thank you for being my dad.


No comments: